Innovating and building products is a simple discipline of creating positive change for others, yet conventional product and business texts are fraught with characteristics that render them unintuitive and impractical for real world application. They are often:
- Built on arbitrary methodologies and processes; which often neglect the underlying principles and inconvenience the reader with the illusion of being authoritative, despite multiple valid alternative methodologies existing.
- Highly anecdotal and contextual; focusing on industry-specific success stories from which the true practical learning is often lost or cannot be applied in other contexts.
- Heavy reading; preoccupied with unnecessary details and walls of text that do not aid intuitive understanding and retention of memory and key messages.
My mission is to share an intuitive, big-picture and practicable understanding of innovation and product development principles, that does not rely on specific methodologies and processes, and can be applied to almost any context:
- Intuitive; product development fundamentals should be explained through elemental, visually expressed and intuitive principles that are accessible to any human being, and easily observable in the real world; supported with real life examples – all without being dumbed down.
- Big-Picture; readers should be empowered with a holistic, birds eye view of the overall discipline first, allowing them to decide for themselves as to the areas in which they’d like to dig deeper; whether through the same book or via external sources.
- Practicable; with key messages and take-aways that are industry, context and process agnostic – and can be easily memorised, revised and applied in real-world scenarios.
This is work in progress (~70%) and will be completed during my next career break. If you’d like to be one of the alpha/beta reviewers before then, I’d love to hear from you.
Get in touch to get access to the Alpha version when it comes available, and become part of a future feedback group.